Bosweg 46B, 't Zand, Netherlands
Dümmen Orange is an international leading breeding company focused on cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Research & Development department in ‘t Zand, we are looking for an (Associate) Breeder.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and therefore challenging environment. As (Associate) Breeder you plan, lead, execute and control a breeding program that aims to deliver value-added innovative products. You provide direct and indirect leadership to individuals and teams. In order to execute the plans you will lead and collaborate with teams like the R&D operation (to secure the realisation and the quality of the trials) and Marketing &Sales (to align the project outputs with market needs). You encourage excellence and professionalism while complying with company’s policies.
The R&D location in ‘t Zand, has a long term experience in the development of Zantedeschia / Calla varieties, and appropriate facilities, including greenhouses for crossing and testing new varieties and open field for multiplication and evaluations. The pipeline consists of breeding material from Sande and Golden State Bulb growers. The breeding is led by a senior breeder, who together with the breeding director will help you to develop to a full breeder. The operations team will assist in crossing, planting and growing the calla.
• Combine the two breeding pipelines;
• Operational breeding actions;
• Develop new products in line with the breeding plan;
• Provide reports on progress;
• Build on effective internal and external network and leverage relationships to support the delivery of objectives;
• Provide functional leadership.
• MSc or BSc with work experience in Life Sciences, preferably Plant Breeding/Genetics;
• Experience in the use of databases and data analysis. You will be able to extract the data and analyse them to develop conclusions on the performance of the genetics;
• You act on market and technological developments;
• You have a sense for observation and continuous improvement;
• You are organized, practical, analytical and a team player;
• Good command of the English and Dutch language;
• You have a driving license.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is a worldwide leader in breeding and development of flowers and plants. Our annual turnover is around 360 million euro. We have more than 7.700 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to our Dümmen Orange success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. We take pride in our corporate social responsibility efforts investing in the health, safety, and personal development of our staff as well as in innovative and sustainable techniques.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have any questions, you can contact Anita de Haan (Breeding Director Bulbs and Tubers), at +31 6 15 51 53 97.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.