Coldenhovelaan 6, De Lier, Netherlands
Dümmen Orange is an international leading breeding company focused on cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our IT department in De Lier, we are looking for a BI Consultant.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment. To keep up with this international growth and to continue further professionalization, we are looking for an experienced BI Consultant.
The Business Intelligence environment is key to get overall insight about our company and where to improve our business. Acquisitions and internal developments gives continuous change in the application landscape and will require continuous changes in information needs, integration in our Data Warehouse and information analysis. One of our current challenges is moving from our WhereScape solution to the Microsoft stack.
You will be part of the BI team, working together with our internal BI consultant and external BI specialist. You will report to the Manager IT Information Management.
Your tasks and responsibilities
The main responsibility of the BI consultant is to analyze, develop and implement further developments in the BI System together with the User group. This includes the following responsibilities and associated tasks:
1. Full range BI
• Contributes to the integration of information into sustainable management reports. One aspect in this is to correlate the different views and dependencies of the different functional areas to one truth;
• Be a business partner in discussing departments’ need for information;
• Analyse data from source systems to meet business requirements;
• Setup and maintain the Data Vault and dimensional model within the Data Warehouse architecture;
• Organize the ETL process between systems while maintaining the integrity of the data;
• Build reports and cubes that match the requirements of the business;
• Able to deep-dive with complex queries and creating reports;
• Suggest process improvements;
• Operate as a team member within the BI team.
• Determine what the project based business needs are and how you can acquire this information. This together with the key user groups.
3. Policy and advise
• Advise on and executes the BI strategy;
• Advise on the business processes and the supporting information systems;
• Train and support Users to handle reports and cube analysis.
4. Establish and maintain relationships
• With external suppliers, negotiation and ensuring the proper execution of contracts;
• With relevant stakeholders and management within the entire group.
• Bachelor degree or above with minimum 5 years of relevant experience within similar BI Consultant functions;
• Knowledge of SSRS, SSAS and SSIS;
• Knowledge of Data Warehouse concepts like Data Vault, Dimensional modelling and SQL;
• Excellent command of the English and Dutch language. German is preferred;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Experience in project management;
• Helicopter view, analytical and structured;
• Preferably experience with front end tools like Power BI, with Markup language BIML;
• Preferably experience in the Agriculture business.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is a worldwide leader in breeding and development of flowers and plants. Our annual turnover is around 360 million euro. We have more than 7.700 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to our Dümmen Orange success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. We take pride in our corporate social responsibility efforts investing in the health, safety, and personal development of our staff as well as in innovative and sustainable techniques.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact Paul ten Have, IT Director, +31 6 115 39 553.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.