Associate Breeder Rose
De Kwakel, Netherlands
Dümmen Orange is one of the leading breeding companies focused on cut flowers, pot plants, bedding plants, bulbs, succulents and perennials. For our location in De Kwakel (the Netherlands), we are looking for an Associate Breeder Rose.
Dümmen Orange centralized the Rose breeding activities for NW-Europe in De Kwakel (the Netherlands) and is looking for a full-time Associate Breeder with passion for product innovation and breeding processes. As Associate Breeder Rose you will work in a team developing new commercial cut and pot rose varieties with (a combination of) unique innovative traits for our customers.
- Coordination, preparation and completion of breeding activities and flower trials;
- Collecting, digital processing (e.g. in software program Ebrida) and analyzing phenotypic and genotypic crop properties;
- Reporting on the progress of activities and making recommendations for adjustments and improvement of (breeding) processes;
- Ensuring the implementation of new developments into the breeding processes.
- Completed MSc or PhD program in Life Sciences, preferably in Plant Breeding;
- Good command of English;
- Team player with pragmatic setting;
- Affinity with plant breeding and an eye for details.
Dümmen Orange is a leading company in the breeding and development of cut flowers, pot plants, bedding plants, bulbs, succulents and perennials. Its annual turnover is approximately 280 million euros. The company employs more than 7.300 people worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a strong network of production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact Paul Maris (Breeding Director Cut Flowers), via + 31 6 306 77 300. If you have questions about the recruitment process, you can contact the HR department, via HR.NL@DummenOrange.com.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.