De Kwakel, Netherlands
Dümmen Orange is one of the leading breeding companies focused on cut flowers, pot plants, bedding plants, bulbs, succulents and perennials. For our breeding location in the Netherlands, we are looking for a Breeder Rose.
The objective of this position is to develop competitive rose varieties for major markets. You are based at our breeding location in De Kwakel (NL) and report to the Breeding Director Cut Flowers.
- Develop, co-ordinate and execute an effective breeding program based on the Rose Crop Strategy resulting in varieties that meet the market requirements;
- Optimize breeding processes and strengthen and exploit our genetics base;
- Team up with Strategic Marketing, Product Managers and Breeding Technology to stay aligned with future market requirements and smart adoption of novel technologies and traits;
- Strengthen the knowledge base of the company and expand our freedom to operate position.
- MSc or PhD in Genetics, Plant Breeding or in related areas within the Life Sciences;
- Excellent communication skills and a good command of the English language;
- Innovator, team player, hands-on mentality;
- Breeding experience, preferably in a commercial setting.
Dümmen Orange is a leading company in the breeding and development of cut flowers, pot plants, bedding plants, bulbs, succulents and perennials. Its annual turnover is approximately 260 million euros. The company employs more than 7.000 people worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a strong network of production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
We would like to receive your application letter, including resume by email to HR.NL@DummenOrange.com. If you have any questions, you can contact Paul Maris (Breeding Director Cut Flowers), +31 630 677 300.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.