Senior BI Consultant
De Lier, Netherlands
Dümmen Orange™ is one of the leading breeding companies focused on cut flowers, pot plants, bedding plants, bulbs, succulents and perennials. For our location in De Lier, we are looking for a Senior BI Consultant.
Our organization grows and flourishes! Via organic growth and by acquiring other companies. To keep up with this international growth and to continue further professionalization we are looking for an experienced BI consultant.
The Business Intelligence environment is key to get overall insight about our company and where to improve our business. Acquisitions and internal developments gives continuous change in the application landscape and will require continuous changes in information needs, integration in our Data Warehouse and information analysis.
You will become the senior BI consultant and will be the lead of the BI team containing a business consultant, external BI architect and specialist(s) (WhereScape). You will report to the Manager IT Information Management.
Your Tasks & Responsibilities
The main responsibility of the senior BI consultant is to accommodate further developments with the User group and Steering Committee, to analyze and to implement these in the BI system together with the team. This includes the following responsibilities and associated tasks:
- Full range BI
- Responsible for the integration of information to sustainable management reports. One aspect in this is to correlate the different views and dependencies of the different functional areas to one truth.
- Be a business partner in discussing departments’ need for information
- Analyse data from source systems to meet business requirements
- Setup and maintain the Data Vault and dimensional model within the Data Warehouse architecture
- Organizes the ETL process between systems while maintaining the integrity of the data
- Support in building reports and cubes that match the requirements of the business.
- Preferably deep-dive with complex queries and creating reports
- Suggest process improvements
- Operate as a team lead within the BI team
- Determine what the project based business needs are and how you can acquire this information. This together with the user groups and steering committee
- Support the project based further development of the BI platform by prioritizing and delivery by the team
3. Policy and Advice
- Advise on and executes the BI strategy
- Advise on the business processes and the supporting information systems
- Create and maintain information policies, high level documents of the functional relationship between the data elements within the different databases and provide guidelines and direction to control the process of BI and reporting
- Train and support Users to handle reports and cube analysis
4. Establish and maintain relationships
- With external suppliers, negotiation and ensuring the proper execution of contracts.
- With relevant stakeholders and management within the entire group.
- Education level: Bachelor degree or above with minimum 5 years of relevant experience within similar BI Consultant functions.
- Preferably experience in the Agriculture business.
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse concepts like Data Vault, Dimensional modelling, SQL.
- Preferably knowledge of SSRS, SSAS, SSIS and WhereScape
- Helicopter view, Analytic, Organiser, Seniority;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience in project management;
- Excellent command of the English and Dutch language. German is preferred.
Dümmen Orange is a leading company in the breeding and development of cut flowers, pot plants, bedding plants, bulbs, succulents and perennials. Its annual turnover is approximately 240 million euros. The company employs more than 7,000 people worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a strong network of production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
For more information on our company you can visit our website: DummenOrange.com. For information on the job you can contact Paul ten Have, IT Director, +31 6 115 39 553.
We would like to receive your application letter, including resume by email to HR.NL@DummenOrange.com.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.