(Senior) Breeder Anthurium
Hofzichtlaan 5, De Lier, Netherlands
Dümmen Orange is an international leading breeding company focused on cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our R&D department at De Lier, we are looking for a (Senior) Breeder Anthurium.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment. The objective of this position is to breed competitive Anthurium varieties for major markets, and contribute to product development to achieve business objectives.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Develop, co-ordinate and execute an effective breeding program based on the Anthurium Crop Strategy resulting in varieties that meet the market requirements;
• Optimize breeding processes and strengthen and exploit our genetics base;
• Team up with Strategic Marketing, Product Managers and Breeding Technology to stay aligned with future market requirements and smart adoption of novel technologies and traits;
• Strengthen the knowledge base of the company and expand our freedom to operate position.
• MSc or PhD in Genetics, Plant Breeding, or in related areas within the Life Sciences;
• Breeding experience, preferably in a commercial setting;
• Excellent communication skills and a good command of the English language, both verbal and written;
• Innovator, team player, pragmatic and hands on mentality;
• Drive for improvements and motivated by rapidly changing organizations.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important. We offer a competitive salary and good pension scheme.
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7.300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact Chunting Lang (Breeding Manager), via email@example.com or +31630677281.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.