Laboratory Support Employee
Oude Campsweg 35C, De Lier, Netherlands
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Research & Development department, section Cell Biology & Tissue Culture, in De Lier we are looking for a Laboratory Support Employee.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment.
As Laboratory Support Employee, you will actively participate in routine Tissue Culture activities within our Technology Application domain. You will be a part of a young and dynamic team and assist us in applying tissue culture technologies to a wide variety of ornamental crops in a competitive and dynamic environment. Good communication skills and team-player mentality are valued in all our lab personnel. The reporting line is directed to the Team Lead In Vitro.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Efficient and timely execution of routine activities like media preparation, multiplication and maintenance of stock plants, shipment etc.;
• Take part in processing different running projects e.g. embryo rescue, meristem culture and organogenesis;
• Follow process guidelines to achieve the best quality;
• Assist with protocol applications and process execution;
• Prepare and send samples to diagnostic laboratory.
• Proven experience with several of the techniques described above. Plant tissue culture experience is a plus;
• Preferably a vocational degree in Life Sciences/Laboratory applications;
• Good interpersonal and communication skills;
• Team player mentality;
• Good command of the Dutch and English language;
• Available for 32-38 hours a week.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
We offer an on-call (0-hour) contract and expect to deploy you for 32-38 hours a week. In case of a less busy period we will ask for a period of absence.
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7.300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact Mehdi Massoumi (Team lead In Vitro), via +31 174 530 115.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.