Operational Excellence Director
Coldenhovelaan 6, De Lier, Netherlands
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Operational Excellence department in De Lier, we are looking for an Operational Excellence Director.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment.
As Operational Excellence Director you are responsible to ensure best practices (in-company and industry) are identified, developed, implemented and audited in order to achieve a high performing and cost effective operation. You are the owner of the Operational Excellence programs within Dümmen Orange and responsible for building and maintaining:
1. a strong compliance system over all processes related to product and production;
2. the implementation of the best possible standards with focus on costs, productivity and efficiency at production locations;
3. a dashboard with relevant KPI’s.
You report to the QMS Board (President NA, President EMEA, Managing Director R&D, Managing Director Business Development) and manage the Operational Excellence department of 2 FTE and different project teams recruited from within the organization.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Develop and implement operational excellence programs.
• Develop, improve, maintain, evaluate and implement global Best Practice Policies Standards.
• Coordination of audits at all Dümmen Orange locations.
• Prepare QMS board meetings, suggest possible projects, propose new Best Practices.
• Advise QMS platform on impact of issues.
• Evaluate and maintain best practice policies.
• Follow up with action owners on outstanding audit results.
• Manage and coach the Operational Excellence team.
• Master in agricultural practices or plant physiology with affinity to business economics and or business administration.
• Proven experience in relevant horticultural practices. Expert in Lean Six Sigma or other improvement systems. Undisputed expert on production of cuttings.
• Proven background in improvement of quality, productivity, efficiency, and cost reduction.
• Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written.
• Strong analytical and critical problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently in a matrix organization.
• Strong social skills (easily accepted by stakeholders).
• Proactive and positive mind-set, solution-focused and able to work in a very dynamic multi-cultural changing environment.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7.300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact Perry Wismans (Managing Director Business Development), via +31 174 530 100.
The use of an assessment can be part of the recruitment process.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.