Research Assistant Cell Biology
Oude Campsweg 35C, De Lier, Netherlands
Dümmen Orange is an internationally leading breeding company focused on cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our R&D Cell Biology department in De Lier, we are looking for a Research Assistant Cell Biology.
As Research Assistant Cell Biology your aim is to develop tools and technologies that contribute to speeding up the life cycle and enhancing the genetic homogeneity of our Ornamental crops. To achieve this you actively support the cell biology research programs with emphasis on Doubled Haploid techniques.
Daily activities are dynamic, consisting of hands-on activities, project management and people leadership. You will execute projects independently and as part of a larger Cell Biology team and manage relationships with stakeholders such as operations and breeding. In addition you support the Technology Application aimed at processing Breeding and Production Material.
You are initially based at our Rheinberg Location in Germany with relocation to Breeding Technology Centre in De Lier which is expected to open in March 2020. You report to the Project Lead Cell Biology. The ability to travel to other company locations in the Netherlands and Germany is highly desired.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Initiate, manage and execute research projects focused on Cell Biology for our ornamental crops (with Doubled Haploid Techniques prioritized);
• Develop innovative and efficient methods for speeding up life cycles and multiplications;
• Search and read scientific papers, write protocols and literature reviews;
• Provide direct and functional leadership to individuals;
• Guide the implementation of new Cell Biology techniques from Technology Development-to-Technology Application domain;
• Strengthen the knowledge base of Dümmen Orange regarding our prioritized techniques;
• Perform scouting activities for novel relevant methods, tools and technologies.
• Relevant MSc degree in life sciences (plant sciences, horticulture, agriculture, biotechnology, etc.) with proven experience in cell-biology and/or in-vitro techniques;
• Previous professional experience with Doubled Haploid Technologies is crucial;
• Fluent in English both written and oral, preferably with German/Dutch knowledge;
• Proficient user skills in MS Office, particularly in Excel;
• Enthusiasm for horticulture business, high level of accuracy, proactive and self-motivated approach.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers plenty of room for personal growth and development to its employees. We have an informal and easily accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is worldwide leader in breeding and development of flowers and plants. Our annual turnover is around 370 million euro. We have more than 7.300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to our Dümmen Orange success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. We take pride in our corporate social responsibility efforts investing in the health, safety, and personal development of our staff as well as in innovative and sustainable techniques.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact Pankaj Dhonukshe via P.Dhonukshe@DummenOrange.com or +31 683248785.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.