Research Associate Phytopathology
Oude Campsweg 35C, De Lier, Netherlands
Dümmen Orange is an international leading breeding company focused on cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. Our organization grows and flourishes. To strengthen our research department in De Lier, we are looking for a Research Associate Phytopathology.
With your background in phytopathology, phenotyping methods, experimental design, statistics and project management you contribute to the development of bio-assays, independently design and execute a number of technology development projects and provide pathogen test results to improve the Dümmen Orange breeding programs worldwide. Daily activities are dynamic, consisting of office based tasks and hands-on activities in the greenhouse and laboratory. You work both independently and as part of a team within and between disciplines (including Genetics and Trait Discovery). You manage a network of stakeholders such as operations and breeding. In this role you report to the Project Lead phytopathology and are based in De Lier.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Write and manage project plans and reports;
• Design, execute and analyze bio-assays;
• Write protocols and literature reviews;
• Work with data-analysis programs such as R;
• Support in routine phytopathology experiments;
• Perform scouting activities for novel relevant methods, tools and technologies.
• MSc degree in Plant Sciences, preferably in phytopathology & entomology;
• Minimum of two years of proven work experience in a relevant field of breeding technology;
• Experience with experimental design, data collection, visualization and statistical analysis are crucial;
• Able to manage a diversity of activities and stakeholders;
• Able to work independently, within the phytopathology team and interdisciplinary teams;
• Analytical and critical mindset with strong problem solving and pro-active attitude;
• Excellent communication skills and good command of the English language, both verbal and written, Dutch is preferred.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is a worldwide leader in breeding and development of flowers and plants. Our annual turnover is around 360 million euro. We have more than 7.700 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to our Dümmen Orange success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. We take pride in our corporate social responsibility efforts investing in the health, safety, and personal development of our staff as well as in innovative and sustainable techniques.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact Hans van den Biggelaar (Project Lead Phytopathology) via +31 174 530 100.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.