Oude Campsweg 35C, De Lier, Netherlands
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Cell Biology department in De Lier, we are looking for a Research Technician.
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment.
As Research Technician you will actively participate in Cell Biology projects within our Technology Development domain of R&D. The position offers exposure to the state-of-the-art cell biology and tissue culture technologies applied to a wide variety of ornamental crops in a competitive and dynamic environment. You will actively take part in a young and dynamic team; good communication skills and team-player mentality are valued in all our lab personnel. You will report to the Laboratory Manager.
Your tasks and responsibilities
You will have the following responsibilities and will perform the associated tasks to fulfil them:
• Efficient and timely execution of routine activities like media preparation, sub culturing and multiplications, experimental treatments, lab uptakes and shipments;
• Take part in processing different running projects such as embryo rescue, organogenesis and ploidy changes;
• Following process guidelines to achieve the best quality;
• Assisting with protocol development and process executions;
• Verbal and written reports on progress;
• Supporting the Technology Development team with planning, organization, communication and administration.
• Vocational (or BSc) degree in Life Sciences and/or Laboratory applications;
• Proven experience with several of the techniques described above. Plant tissue culture experience is a plus;
• Precise, analytical and able to multitask;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Team player mentality;
• Excellent command of the English language. Dutch language is a plus.
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7.300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about the job, you can contact Pankaj Dhonukshe, Laboratory Manager, via +31 683 248 785.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.