Research Assistant Bulb Innovation / Cell Biology (Temporary)
Professor van Slogterenweg 2, Lisse, Netherlands
Dümmen Orange is an internationally leading breeding company focused on cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our Research and Development department we are looking for a Research Assistant Bulb Innovation / Cell Biology.
As Research Assistant you will join our Bulb Innovation / Cell Biology team in developing state-of-the-art cell biology and in-vitro technologies in bulbous crops. You will be part of a small and highly motivated team where innovative thinking, a proactive nature and collaboration is valued. You will be based in Lisse and report to the Project Lead Bulb Innovation.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Application of various cell biology techniques, including tissue culture and in-vitro work;
• Timely planning and execution of activities according to project plans;
• Recording and analysis of results and reporting to Project Lead Bulb Innovations;
• Working together in the development and optimization of new cell biology- and in-vitro techniques;
• Assisting with planning, organization and management of projects.
• HLO or HBO degree in biology, life sciences or plant sciences;
• Experience with general laboratory practices and tissue culture or in-vitro techniques;
• Strong administrative skills, mainly in Excel;
• Problem solving and analytical capabilities, with attention for details;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Familiarity with statistical analysis;
• Good command of both the English and Dutch language.
Dümmen Orange is a worldwide leader in breeding and development of flowers and plants. Our annual turnover is around 360 million euro. We have more than 7.700 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to our Dümmen Orange success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. We take pride in our corporate social responsibility efforts investing in the health, safety, and personal development of our staff as well as in innovative and sustainable techniques.
Within Dümmen Orange, innovation, technology and quality are high priorities, resulting in an exciting work environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers plenty of room for personal growth and development to its employees. We have an informal and easily accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Click on the button below to apply for this job. If you have questions about this job opportunity, you can contact Esther de Boer (Project Lead Bulb Innovation), via firstname.lastname@example.org or 06-20181744.
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.